Monday, August 24, 2009

A Real Woman

This morning as I got ready for work, I listened to Ann Curry of the "Today" show talking about the uproar around this "plus sized" model being featured in September's issue of Glamour magazine. I was immediately intrigued, so I ran out of the bathroom to see what the hype was all about.

The picture is lovely. She is lovely. As I stared at this photo I realized that she's not really "plus sized." She's actually normal sized, or what is often referred to as "average" sized. We have to be realistic when thinking about these things. Most of the women I know and see walking around are not sitck figures. They have hips, and curves, and asses that shake when they walk, and that's okay.
What the hell is wrong with us these days? Why aren't there more pictures of real women wearing real sized clothing and not just emaciated women who wear a size 0 or 2. That's not reality! Reality is that most women fall between a size 8-12.

I mean, I get it, as a woman there is this ideal. We all want to be thin and to look like Jennifer Aniston at the age of 40, or hell at the age of 25, but really, looking like this woman aint so bad. She's beautiful, and in my eyes, perfect. Good for her!

Bravo Glamour.

No comments:

Post a Comment