Thursday, March 24, 2011

How Annoying Are: Backpacks

I officially decided yesterday that backpacks should only be worn by people on camping trips and school aged children, period.

It's confusing to me that a grown man wearing a suit, on his way to work, would choose to throw on a giant, overstuffed backpack rather than carry a nice briefcase, or cross-body messenger bag.  Day after day I see men and women walking to work with these ridiculously large, ugly backpacks on, and I think to myself, that's a really awful look.

Not only do they look unprofessional, but they look immature somehow.  Like they're on their way to 8th grade biology class.  Not to mention that fact that if they turn around too fast they make knock a few people over with their monstrous pack...

A word to the wise people...backpacks are good for carrying food stuffs when hiking, or camping.  They're also good for carrying books and pencils when you're a student.  But they are not good for adult professionals to wear while commuting to work.

P.S.  You know those teeny-weeny backpacks that some women also carry?  Yea, I hate those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment