Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Love or Hate: Flip Flops

This is very upsetting to me.  I used to be able to walk around for hours in shorts, a t-shirt and a pair of flip flops.  Well, I can still wear the shorts and t-shirt, but the flip flops - not so much.

How did this happen?  Flip flops used to be my go-to shoe in the summer.  Great for scooting around town, great for the beach, great to wear to BBQ's...  Now, I can't even stand still in them for more than 15 minutes before my knees and lower back start hurting!

So I've entered into a love/hate relationship with all of my flip flops, and like any girl would, I have about 10 pairs of them!  I used to love my Havaianas, but now even those are uncomfortable after a short wear!  I've also tried Fit Flops, which are supposed to be cute and comfortable, but I found them to be hideous and not-so-comfy between the toes.

Ugh!  Will someone out there point me in the direction of a cute, functional, comfortable pair of flip flops that won't fall apart if I wear them daily, won't give me blisters, and won't make my lower back hurt after a half hour?!

Any and all advice is welcome!

2 comments:

  1. From your old mother-in-law, I love flip flops (in my day thongs or zories) the best thing I have found are my Teva's, I can wear wear them all day, and my feet/back/knees never hurt. I know that Michele even wears hers hiking. They are not as cute as flip flops but we are looking for comfort here. Hope all is going well back there and will talk to you soon. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaco sandals are nice, but as mom points out, they are a bit rugged. The only flip flops I've found that offer any support are OluKai. I particularly like the Paniolo and Ohana lines, which I found at REI. You are absolutely right about the Fit Flops - they're like the sandal version of those idiotic Sketcher Shape Ups! Good luck!
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete