Monday, January 9, 2012

Mish Mosh

Wow!  It's 2012.  I hope everyone had a great holiday and is having a wonderful start to the new year.

Mike and I have been spending most of our free time getting ready for our little girl to arrive.  The nursery is coming along - the crib is ordered and will hopefully be here within a couple of weeks, all of the other furniture is already in the room, we just have to buy some art to hang on the walls, letters to spell out her name, and some shelves!

I can't believe her due date is approaching so quickly.  Anyway, enough baby talk for now...

So, my funny husband has a work retreat today and it's a potluck.  Apparently the theme is Southwestern, so obviously you would think to make a dish like salsa, or taocs, or chimichangas!  What does Mike decide to make?  Mapo doufou of course!  After all, it is a dish from the southwest province in China called Sichuan.

Whatta joker he is.  It did turn out really well though.  Here are some pics:



The doufu (tofu)


Ground Pork


Finished Product - Mapo Doufu! Yum.
 Well kids, enjoy the start to the week - hopefully it'll be a fast one.

1 comment:

  1. It looks delicious! I think I should make that soon...

    And I can't wait to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete