Friday, September 9, 2011

Avoiding Maternity Clothes

Hi guys!  Happy Friday!  So here's a little secret that I've been keeping from you...I'm preggers!  Yup, 16 weeks yesterday, and whatta ya know?!  My jeans don't fit me anymore!

Ugh.  Seriously, I am thrilled to be having a baby, but at the same time my favorite fashion season is approaching and I can't wear any of my cute clothes - ahhhhhhhhhh!

I can still fit into some of my jeans with this contraption called the "Belly Band" which is basically a tube top that you wear over the button and zipper of your pants - which are both undone!  It fully just holds your pants up while you are busting out of them.  Here's a picture:
I'm wearing one right now with my AG tomboy jeans, which I am obsessed with, and it's still not that comfortable..boo hoo.

I am waiting for a pair of maternity jeans to arrive from the Gap, so we'll see how they work out, but I really don't want to have to buy a whole slew of maternity clothes!  I know that I'll have to buy some pants for work, but hopefully not an entire new wardrobe.

I really would love to just wear leggings and long sweaters and high boots all fall and winter long...I'll keep you posted on my growth and purchases!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment