Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DC Gripes


It's been a while since I've really complained about living here in DC, so I figured that it was time to gripe a little!

Here goes nothin...

The DC metro is the most nauseating mode of public transportation EVER!  Now that I'm metro-ing to work I can officially say that the metro conductors are awful drivers!  All they do is brake every two seconds and then brake super HARD when approaching a stop - BARF CENTRAL!!!

Then, when you get off the vomet-ro relieved that you didn't hurl, you have to deal with the escalators not working!  This is very bad for older people who have trouble walking, people in poor health, and tired pregnant ladies!! ARG.  Fix the damn escalators DC!

Ok, so the next gripe is about the mosquitoes.  I'm not so surprised that they are swarming (and have been ALL summer) because that's the way it is EVERY summer in this swamp land, but this summer is out of control.  This summer, they are out and on the attack, and are attacking me!  And, to top it off I just heard on the news that because of all the rain we've had recently, and flooding, that the mosquitoes will be around for at least another 3 weeks!  Mosquitoes in October?  NOT OK!

I guess I'll be riding the metro with my mosquito bitten legs, trying not to puke for the foreseeable future.  I hate DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment