Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Love or Hate: Rachael Ray


Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong, but I've noticed that most people either completely love or passionately hate Rachael Ray. I will be the first to tell you that I actually really love her. Some might not admit to loving her, fearing the backlash they might receive from friends or family who do not share their sentiments, but I am proud to admit it.

Let me put a little context around this. Rachael Ray is everywhere. If you don't know who she is, you must be living in a cave. She has a cooking show on the Food Network called "30 Minute Meals " which is great, she hosts a daytime talk show called Rachael Ray, she has written several cookbooks, and she has a magazine as well! She also has a strong personality, and an extremely raspy voice that you couldn't mistake for anyone else.

Most people who love Rachael Ray love her for the same reason I do. She is fun, always happy, totally cheesy, and really genuine. She is also a strong business woman, and a pretty great role model if you ask me. Mostly, she just is who she is, and I appreciate that. She's known for saying goofy things like "yummo," or "delish," and has coined a few cooking terms like "EVOO," which stands for extra virgin olive oil, which I'm sure some people find to be really annoying, but I enjoy (and often use).

I like that Rachael Ray hasn't changed because of her fame. I'm happy that she's always gonna be the same corny, smiley person she has always been. I think we need more people like Rachael Ray in this world,especially in the media. People who are smart, savvy, full of positive energy and at the same time just regular, down home, and authentic.

So my vote is for love...what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment