Monday, May 23, 2011

Savage Beauty

What can I say about the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty exhibit at the Met, other than, it was fantastic.  As you walked through each room it felt as if you had been transported to another world.  In fact, it was like you were inside the romantic, yet extremely dark mind of Alexander McQueen.

We weren't allowed to take pictures, but Mike and I bought the book which describes and has images of all of the pieces that were on display.  Some of my favorites are below.

Saraband Collection

Plato's Atlantis Collection

Jellyfish Ensemble from Plato's Atlantis Collection

Highland Rape Collection
Please, please check out the Met's blog about this exhibit to learn more and to view some of the amazing pieces that are on display.  And, if you can go, I highly recommend it.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment