Monday, November 2, 2009

Countdown to China!

This Friday Mike and I, along with my parents and a few of their friends, are going to China. We fly directly from Kennedy airport in NYC to Beijing, which take about 14 hours.

I can't believe that this trip is actually happening. We've been talking about it and planning it for years! The last time I was in China was in 1999. I was 19 years old. I was there with my parents and a large group of close family friends. It was amazing.

We climbed the Great Wall in Beijing, saw the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xi'an, surfed down sand dunes and rode camels in the Gobi Desert, and enjoyed walking along the crowded metropolitan streets of Shanghai. It was the trip of a lifetime. And here we are ten years later getting ready to take another magical trip to China. I am so excited to see how Beijing has changed, and so excited to have Mike there to experience it all with me and my parents! I really can't wait.
So, I've decided that for the next three days I will post things about the places we are going in China! I figure you can learn about this fantastic country and hopefully you'll want to visit someday as well. I also plan on posting while we're there.
Here's a list of some of the places we're going:

Beijing and Xi'an;
Guilin;
Chongquing;
Fengdu;
Wu Gorge and Qutang Gorge;
Yichang-Wuxi;
Wuxi-Hangzhou;
Shanghai

No comments:

Post a Comment