Sunday, November 1, 2009

Paper Fashion

I always tell my cousin Camille that she has the coolest job ever. She works for the U.S. Department of State in their Art in Embassies Program. What that means is that she gets to travel around the world and install art created by American artists in public rooms in American diplomatic residences worldwide. Isn't that exciting?!

We recently went to dinner and she told me about an exhibition she is doing in Brussels. She mentioned an artist named Isabelle de Borchgrave who re-creates amazingly beautiful dresses out of paper! I was instantly intrigued. Later that night, she emailed me with the link to Isabelle's website. Her dresses are masterpieces. Simply gorgeous. And wearable! She has the ability to make her dresses look like they are made from expensive fabrics. They also move and sway like a dress made of silk or lace and organza would.

So, how excited was I when I learned that Camille is borrowing Isabelle de Borchgrave's "Delphos" dress for the Brussels exhibition! What a lovely dress. I wish I could borrow it! I'd wear it to a grand ball, or to the Oscars of course. Way to go Camille! Take lots of pictures.

Here is the Delphos dress...it's made from paper!! See more Isabelle de Borchgrave here.

No comments:

Post a Comment