Friday, January 15, 2010

Adulthood = Exhaustion

This is my life (on a daily basis) in a nutshell.

7:30am - Roll out of bed. Feed Bella. Into shower.

7:45 - 8:45am - Get ready for work (hair, makeup, clothing), walk Bella, set up Bella's "area" (this is the place that we keep the Bella Boo while we're at work so she can't howl and be heard by the entire floor).

8:50am - Walk out the door.
9:15am - Arrive at work.

6pm - Leave work.

6:25pm - Arrive at VIDA Fitness to work out...yuck.

7:25pm - Walk home

7:30pm - Feed Bella, throw her blankies in the wash, then walk her, then shower.

7:45pm - Make dinner

8:15pm - Eat dinner, wash dishes, throw Bella's blankies in the dryer.

8:45pm - Relax

10:30pm - Bedtime

Next Day - REPEAT

I feel exhausted just thinking about it. The work week is such a grind. My dear husband is hardly home during the week (he travels for work) and so coming home after 7pm just means that everything is rushed and there is hardly enough time to relax and breathe.

We spend so much time working during the day, and so little time on ourselves. When we get home from work, it's all about "getting stuff done" and not taking a load off after working 9 hours. And at least I'm home. Poor Mike is working 12 hour days and then sleeping in a shit box hotel room. He's exhausted, I'm exhausted...and we don't even have kids yet (oh shit)!

Being an adult is exhausting. Remember when your mother did the laundry, and the cooking, and the cleaning? Remember when getting sick meant staying home while your mom took care of you? Remember when email was something fun that helped you stay in touch with friends? Remember when someone else paid your bills? HA!

Okay I'll stop now. I sound pathetic. My apologies, I'm just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment