Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's 2010...Where Did The Time Go?

Wow. The holidays have come and gone and now the year is 2010. I really can't believe it. When I was a child, I never thought time was passing quickly. The school year always seemed to drag on and on. I remember thinking that 4th grade would NEVER end (that year really sucked for me, b/c that's the year that little girls become caddy bitches and boys start talking about boobs).

Now as an adult, I realize that time actually does fly and that it's flying too fast. I realized that in 6 months I will be 30 years old, and that's a little crazy. I realized that my best girlfriends are married, pregnant, or already mothers. I realized that both of my parents are retired and traveling around the world in their free time. I realized that I am getting excited about becoming a mother in the next few years (hopefully sooner...Mike close your eyes).

How did this all happen? Where did the time go? We got together with good friends of ours last weekend and their daughter is already 9 months old and this was our first time seeing her. It really blew my mind.

I sometimes find myself wishing that time would pass more slowly. Then I would have more time on vacation with friends and family, and more time to sleep, and more time to relax and enjoy the wonderful parts of life that seem to go by in the blink of an eye. Then, when I really started thinking about it I realized that time is what you make of it and that it is up to you to savor and enjoy the good times in your life.

So that's what I'm going to do. That's one of my new year's resolutions. I'm going to enjoy the good times with family and friends so that I can make them last a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment