Sunday, March 28, 2010

In love with a Vampire?

I got home today from helping our good friends Matt and Josh move yet once again, and the movie Twilight was on so I decided to watch it for the second time. Then, feeling in the mood to see a little more of Edward Cullen I decided to watch New Moon for a second time.

You see, when I was reading the Twilight series, I thought something was wrong with me. Why was I obsessed with Edward Cullen? Why could I not put these freakin books down? Turning page after page to hear Edward utter the words "I love you" to Bella. P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

I remember telling my co-workers that I had a date with my vampire boyfriend before running home after work to continue reading my vampire saga. Mike thought I was acting like a teeny-bopper idiot. I also think he was a little bit jealous, which was hysterical. I even asked him to take me to Forks since he's originally from Washington. I thought it was so cool that I could someday actually visit La Push (where Jacob is from)...
Anyway, after watching both movies for a second time today, I realized that the reason we all love Edward Cullen is because he symbolizes the perfect man, um vampire, you know what I mean...the perfect love story. His love for Bella is so torchered, romantic, painful, lustful, sincere, and magical. It's the kind of love that every girl dreams about. And the best part is that he's immortal, and he's HOT!
So I will have to wait until June to see Edward again in Eclipse, the third installment of the Twilight series, but for now I will continue to fantasize about my vampire boyfriend and live happily with my husband Mike, who by the way, is the human equivalent...how lucky am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment