Friday, December 17, 2010

How Annoying Are: Morning People

I don't know about you, but when I get to work in the morning, all I want to do is sip my cup of coffee, log into my email, and settle in for the day ahead.  Why is it then, that some people want to instantly accost me as I am walking through the door to my office?

Hi Christina! How are you? What did you do last night?  Is Mike away this week? Did you get the email I sent you about blah, blah, blah? 

WTF people?!  I just got here.  Leave me alone for 5 minutes and then I'll answer all the questions you want.

Seriously though.  People need time to get into the groove, to mentally and physically prepare themselves for the work that lies before them.  I happen to be one of those people. 

So here's my Christmas wish: to all you morning people chatter bugs out there, please heed my cry, and give me my 10 minutes in the morning.  It will make all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment