Friday, October 16, 2009

Gripe of the Day: People with Enormous Umbrellas


Have you ever noticed that people get dumber when it rains? It's like all common sense just flies out the window. People start driving like idiots, walking like they may melt if a drop touches them, and the umbrella situation gets completely out of hand.

Take this morning for example. I'm walking to work as usual, and these two girls decide to stop and have a conversation in the middle of the block. They also happen to be holding ridiculously enormous umbrellas. You know, that special kind of umbrella that has those top vents that prevent those umbrella-inside-out occurences we have all experienced. Anyway, there they are gabbing away and no one can get passed them without saying "excuse me," or just pushing through.

I mean, HELLO! Move to the side ladies, take your conversation to the coffee shop, but don't stand in the middle of the sidewalk with your monstrous umbrellas and expect not to get shoved. So that's what I did. I shoved past them making sure that my tiny, almost falling apart, pink umbrella knocked into their HUGE Brookstone umbrellas and got them wet.

So far, that has been the highlight of my day.

1 comment: