Thursday, February 24, 2011

Countdown to the Oscars!

The Oscars are on this Sunday, and I'm really excited.  There are some fantastic movies that are nominated for awards, and this year Mike and I have actually seen most of those that are nominated for Best Picture.

My vote is for The King's Speech for best pic and for Best Actor, Colin Firth.  He was outstanding and the movie was just superbly done.  I also happen to love him... 

Anyway, moving on...I'm sure that Natalie Portman will win for Best Actress for Black Swan, which we haven't seen yet, but may try to squeeze in this weekend before Sunday night's show, and which I've heard is amazing.

Obviously the Oscars are about the actors and the movies, but they're also about the fashion!  I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone is wearing on the red carpet this year.  The Oscars are the most glamorous of all the award shows, so we should see some amazing gowns and tuxedos...I love it!

Below are some looks from the 2011 Golden Globes. 
Elisabeth Moss, Natalie Portman, and Angelina Jolie

Ann Hathaway -- 2011 Oscar Host!
To be honest, none of these blew me away and I have to say that I was a little bit bored with the GG's red carpet.  Hopefully the Oscar fashion will step it up!

Happy viewing, and fingers crossed for my Colin!

No comments:

Post a Comment