Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How Annoying Are: American Apparel Ads?

Ok, so all you bloggers out there know what I'm talking about.  We follow The Sartorialist, and Garance Dore, and other fashion blogs out there, and what happens as soon as we click on the link to those blogs? BAM!  an American Apparel ad is in our face.  Actually, it's more like a scantily clothed young girl in our face.

What's up with that?!  It's really disturbing.  These girls, and yes, they are young girls, are wearing see through garments that barely cover their ____________(fill in the blank...) and I'm supposed to want to shop at this store?

It's also really annoying because the girls are posing in different positions and are actually moving in the ad, so it looks like you're watching a video of a teen taking her clothes off, when really you're checking out a very decent fashion blog (this does not look good at work!).

Arg!  Trust me, if I ever get to the point where I have ads on FWC, I promise not to have American Apparel ads....they're just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment