Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Am I an Alien?

Okay, so we all know that DC is a misery in August. It's hot, and humid, and it rains on and off all day long. Basically shitty weather, period.

So this is what I don't get. Why is it that when I'm walking my 25-30 minute walk to work, do I see women in jeans and cardigans and scarves around their necks? And men in wool suits wearing their jackets? What the hell is wrong with these people?

Is it that I just sweat more profusely than others? Do they know some trick to keeping cool that I don't know? This rant may sound stupid to some, but I had to get it off my chest, because it really annoys me. Let me say that again. It really annoys me.

I don't know if you can fully understand how much it annoys me. I hate that I'm all sweaty and they're perfectly fine wearing their scarves and tight jeans that don't breathe, while I'm suffering in my short khaki skirt and super thin tee...

It's not FAIR. Maybe they're the aliens. Okay, I feel better now.

1 comment:

  1. They are total aliens. And after our little office discussion today, I'm a different sort of alien b/c I sweat MUCH more profusely than you! Of course, I just tell myself it's because I'm so healthy... ;-)

    ReplyDelete