Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Husband the Fashionista

As most of you know Mike is into fashion. He dresses impeccably and has learned a lot about men's fashion and dress from the Style Forum which is an online forum he joined about 3 years ago.

At first I made fun of him for wanting to wear bow ties and suspenders, which are actually referred to as "braces" if we are being fashionably correct, but now I see how he stands out from all of the boring men I see everyday here in Washington DC whose clothes are ill fitting and downright hideous. I now appreciate the attention to detail he has and I love how he puts his outfits together.

There are several terms that Mike uses when shopping that you can tell either impress the men working at the stores, or confuse them because they have no idea what he's talking about. Last night I got a lesson in trouser talk after Mike picked up his new trousers from J. Press. I learned all about the "rise" of pants and how they should fit. I also learned that none of Mike's shirts fit him "correctly", so I will have to prepare myself for him to buy or special order many new shirts pretty soon. That's okay though, because he looks damn good in his clothes!

See for yourself... You too can learn all about men's trousers here if you are so inclined.

1 comment: