Monday, July 27, 2009

Asian Invasion






It makes me happy to see more Asians on TV lately. We are smart, good looking, funny people. So why is it that until very recently there weren't that many famous Asians recognized in the United States?
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Margaret Cho, but for anyone who has seen her E! True Hollywood Story, you know that becoming a famous actor and comedian was not easy for her. She dealt with racial discrimination, weight discrimination, and a slew of other shitty barriers...
Anyway, I just started thinking about the many Asian actors, comedians, chefs, and TV show hosts I've been seeing recently and I think it's a great thing. Asians are not just good for getting into MIT, playing the violin, or frying rice...hell no! We're actually awesome.

But seriously, these are just a few of my favorite Asian peeps in Hollywood...

2 comments:

  1. Yes - we're awesome. :)

    -Jason
    http://www.citizencouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete