Tuesday, July 28, 2009

They're Back!

Yes. I speak of the dog days of DC summer. We all thought we would get a pass this year. It's late July and up until now the weather hasn't been that bad. It's been humid at times, but then the humidity would vanish and we'd have a lovely sunny, breezy few days...

Well friends, those days are gone. DC summer as we all know it is back, and it looks like it's here to stay. Right now at 9:35am we are at 80 degrees and 82% humidity. It's not really the temperature that bothers me, it's feeling like I've walked into a sauna the minute I step outside that really pisses me off.

I walk to work everyday from 14th and P Street to 21st and L Street. It's about a 25 minute walk and by the time I arrive at the office, I am completely drenched. Oh well, I guess I chose to live in this swamp, so I have to deal.

At least I can do a little bargain hunting in this blistering heat this weekend at the 10th Annual Mid City Dog Days Sidewalk Sale! You should check it out!

Learn more here.




1 comment:

  1. i remember when i lived there . the heat was oppressive
    http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete