Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

That's how I finally feel. Like I'm finally getting my groove back. Jet lag sure takes a long time to get over. Throw in a stomach flu, and a husband with a head cold, and it takes even longer.

Anyway, I feel good today. The sun is shining and it's brisk outside and feels great. The holidays are just around the corner and decorations are starting to go up all around the neighborhood, which I love.

I promise to post pictures of China this weekend when I have the time to sit down and choose the best ones to share. One of my goals for this weekend is to go through all of the pictures, all 800 of them, and to start on a China scrapbook/album. It's hard not to take so many pictures when you're in such an amazing place.

I am happy to be home though. Although China was fantastic, there were a few things that drove me crazy while we were there.

In particular:

1. ROCK Hard Beds - Why is it that the Chinese like to sleep on beds that feel like marble?

2. Squatters - Hello! "Western" style toilets are the way to go people! Cleaner, more efficient, EASIER TO USE!!!

3. Two Double Beds in EVERY Hotel Room - I guess the Chinese didn't get the memo. Married couples like to sleep together in ONE bed, preferrably a soft one.

4. Spitting - What is with this? Men, women, babies, all spitting, all the time. Gross!

5. Volume Control - Inside sacred temples, airplanes, restuarants, wherever. People don't practice voice volume control and are instead extremely LOUD!

Those were my top five. I never thought I'd be so happy to see my toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment