Friday, January 7, 2011

I Hear Steel Drums...

Picture it.  A long sandy white beach, azure colored waters for as far as the eye can see, and me sitting, no actually laying, on a beach chair sipping a margarita, and reading a good book.

Yes kids, the Caribbean is calling my name, as it usually does this time of year. The only question is which island to visit? The Bahamas? Grand Cayman? Puerto Rico? Any and all sound great to me.

You're probably wondering how I could possibly need a vacation after coming off of the holiday break between Christmas and New Year's, but my only answer is that I do.

It's 33 degrees here in DC today and it's supposed to snow later this afternoon.  I'm also completely slammed at work with no easing up in sight.  It also doesn't help that I'm as pale as a ghost and haven't been on a beach in over a year.

The winter blues have set in and I must prevail!  So stay tuned for some vacation planning and in the meantime I'll be shopping for new a new bikini!

No comments:

Post a Comment