Monday, January 10, 2011

Tragedy in Tucson

I usually try to keep it light here at FWC, but I decided that the shooting that occurred in Tucson this past Saturday was a topic that I simply had to address.

What is going on in this country?  It deeply saddens me to think that our differences in political views would cause this kind of extreme violence.  America needs to wake up and smell the coffee.  The further we divide the harder we will fall, and we will fall, make no mistake about that.  It's already happening.

Our education system is broken, our economy has flatlined, and Americans are at each other's throats.
This op-ed in the New York Times sums it up perfectly.  We are living in a climate of hate and I am disgusted and ashamed.

My thoughts today are with Gabrielle Giffords, the families who lost loved ones, and the community members of the city of Tucson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment